“Happenstance and serendipity, for me that’s been the richest thing about being alive on this planet.”
— Daniel Meadows
Hosted by fellow photographer Tom Broadbent, this is yet another one of those wonderful personal and career milestones — talking with Daniel Meadows about our mutual love for community projects and serendipitous connections.
As I wrote in last month’s issue of Just One Thing, there are many similarities between the way that Daniel worked with the Free Photographic Omnibus and how I work with Neena on The Lifeboat Station Project, but it wasn’t until I had the privilege of hearing him give an online talk in The Photobook Club last year that I realised just how taken I’d become with his approach to documenting the lives of folk.
I’ll leave it there for now and let the conversation in the video above (literally) do the talking.
Before I go, though, I would like to encourage you once again to spend some time with Daniel’s Vimeo feed — a veritable treasure trove of short stories for which this 2m25s film sets the scene:
1. If you enjoyed this post, please click the lifeboat orange heart below to say you were here and feel free to share your thoughts by commenting below!
3. If you know somebody else who would enjoy being a member, you can now gift them membership via The LSP Society homepage!
4. If you haven’t perused the website for a while, head to the homepage for a fresh look.
5. Head to The LSP Shop for prints, posters, postcards, the famous With Courage Keyring and more.
6. If you happen to stumble across any links to Patreon, please let me know so that I can remove them!
7. Finally, if you have any questions about your membership or my work, feel free to email me.