So far, I’ve been to Scotland, Wales and England with The Lifeboat Station Project documenting the incredible volunteers at 88 RNLI lifeboat stations.
That means I’m 37% of the way through this huge journey, one of the largest photographic projects ever attempted. And now the time has come to announce something I’ve been looking forward to very much:
Next month, I’m taking the Project to Ireland for the first time!
Believe it or not, this will be the first time I’ve ever visited the Republic of Ireland. I can’t wait to see the stunning coastline and meet the dedicated lifeboat crews I’ve heard so much about!
If you haven’t seen it yet, here’s a short film made by the RNLI offering a taster of what life’s like on the road and what it means to make this work:
The month-long journey will be one of the most challenging yet with regard to logistics, distances travelled and the number of stations visited. It’ll culminate with the Project’s 100th station, the most westerly point on the network.
Here’s how the itinerary’s looking at the moment (dates may change) — please spread the word and say hello if you’re in the area:
MISSION 14: IRELAND
- 89 – DUNMORE EAST: Wednesday 6th September 2017 (CONFIRMED)
- 90 – TRAMORE: Friday 8th September 2017 (CONFIRMED)
- 91 – HELVICK HEAD: Sunday 10th September 2017 (CONFIRMED)
- 92 – YOUGHAL: Tuesday 12th September 2017 (CONFIRMED)
- 93 – BALLYCOTTON: Thursday 14th September 2017 (CONFIRMED)
- 94 – CROSSHAVEN: Sunday 17th September 2017 (CONFIRMED)
- 95 – KINSALE: Tuesday 19th September 2017 (CONFIRMED)
- 96 – COURTMACSHERRY: Thursday 21st September 2017 (CONFIRMED)
- 97 – NEW ENTRY: UNION HALL: Saturday 23rd September 2017 (CONFIRMED)
- 98 – BALTIMORE: Sunday 24th September 2017 (CONFIRMED)
- 99 – CASTLETOWNBERE: Wednesday 27th September 2017 (CONFIRMED)
- 100 – VALENTIA: Saturday 30th September 2017 (CONFIRMED)
PLEASE NOTE: SHOP DELIVERIES TO PAUSE IN SEPTEMBER
As the month-long Irish mission is so epic, I’ll need to pause deliveries from The Shop during September.
You’ll still be able to order but your items won’t be delivered until October.
– QUICK LINKS —
BISHOP ROCK LIGHTHOUSE PRINT
One of the most popular items at the moment is the Bishop Rock Lighthouse A3 Print.
At just £45 plus a little bit of postage and packaging, it’s a great way to own a beautiful print and support The Lifeboat Station Project at the same time!
BECOME A SUPPORTER
On a final note, and as you’ve kindly read this far, I still rely on the support of amazing people like you to keep the Project on the road.
For the first two years of its life, I entirely self-funded the Project with money raised through the The Shop — in essence, my own form of crowdfunding.
However, since Autumn 2016, I’ve been fortunate enough to receive a small amount of funding from the RNLI, which partially covers my costs and goes some way to smoothing out the (sometimes terrifying) financial peaks and troughs.
But this funding doesn’t cover everything. If everyone who follows the journey helps to support it, The Lifeboat Station Project will succeed.
Find out how you can help keep the Project on the road in Ireland: